Thursday, January 31, 2013

Darkened Clouds & Obtuse Scenery

In my entire writing career, a good majority of my stories have been pretty strict in one genre. Typically, the genre I like to keep close to is that of realistic/fiction. You will find that most of my stories have some kind of a plausibleness to reality to them. Then, about four months ago I started writing on something that took me deep into the heart of the paranormal. I am a huge lover of the paranormal, and I believe strongly in it. But, as far as my writing goes I never thought that I could bring myself to write an actual paranormal type of story or Hell, for that matter a novel. The idea started off basic, and from there blossomed out into something that completely took my full attention and I began to work furiously on it. The initial idea was dealing with Ghosts, and in this particular setting it wasn’t hard to manifest something like that up. But as I wrote, I found that a lot of the chains that held you in Modern/Realistic either had eased up or had completely gone away. Now, with that said though the story maintains a very realistic tone to it and offers up everything that you might see in a investigation. What kind of investigation? Well you will have to wait and see when it’s released. To me, it seems to take a certain kind of writer and imagination to pull off something paranormal. I’ve seen many movies, tv shows, and other various writings that had a paranormal tone to it but the problem was, they couldn’t quite deliver to me what exactly the writer was trying to get across.

That was always my fear. I have this wonderful idea about a paranormal book, and I want to write it out. The characters are going absolutely nuts in my head, describing to me everything that is happening. I can see clear visions of the scenes, interactions, and characters that I didn’t even knew existed at that very moment. As I started writing, I didn’t want or need something that a person who is into these kinds of novels going Well this appears to be very cliché. I didn’t want a predictable storyline, I wanted something that would scare the absolute hell out of someone and keep them drawn in. Keep them drawn into these world and afraid to turn away, or afraid to put down the book. I feel that the current upcoming story will do exactly that. I’ve already told some of my readers to be tender when it comes to reviews because this is the first time I’ve attempted a book of this nature. Overall? I am very pleased with the product that came out of it. I added enough realism to keep things seated to where the plot wasn’t floating off into the wind, but then turned and added such a paranormal presence to it that it would give you goose bumps during scenes. But again, what makes a cliché horror or paranormal book? I think the over emphasis on the blood and guts of the creatures can be made to a cliché point, but not always the case. I think the predictability of a paranormal story is ultimately what will make it go down in flames. In the story I’m just finishing up it takes several twists and turns. Some of which you might not see coming.

Is there a great possibility that you may or may not see more paranormal novels coming from me in the future? I would confirm that if the idea arises and it happens to be paranormal I think this time around I will not be as hesitant to write about it. Being in the right state of mind really helps as well, I found that having a herbal tea of some kind really helped with the flowing of the ideas. It seems that Muse loved it greatly. I’ve gotten several pages of notes around the office here, about another potential paranormal story involving another time period. A friend of mine and I have talked about possibly doing some kind of a collaboration of minds on a paranormal series but that is still in the very very infant stages. Another fun, exciting idea that we’d pondered. I’ve never co-wrote anything before and I would be curious and excited in the same instance. The thoughts I had for this particular paranormal series would be very awesome to have it in some kind of a graphic novel. As of lately, I’ve been getting into the graphic novel series. I’d always kind of shied away from them but the more I read, the more I realize how deeply covered in detail they are and how the different storylines all can either vary from each other? Or they eventually will all tie into one another it’s amazing. What I love is the fact there is no kind of limitations to writing something paranormal other than one’s own imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment